The palace of the last rulers of Bukhara is located 4 km north of Bukhara, it has a garden with the area of 6.7 hectares with flower beds, vineyard walkways , orchards, zoological garden. The best craftsmen of Bukhara were brought to the construction of the palace – usto Muradov Sh., N. Hafisov, K. Samadov, H. Umarov and others, the engineering work was carried by Russian experts – Margulis and Sakovich, which were in the service at the court of the emir.
The old palace was built in the 2nd half of the XIX century, by the father of the last Emir of Bukhara Mir Sayid Ahadhan. Construction of the new palace continued by last ruler Sayid Alim Khan in the period from 1912 to 1918 of the twentieth century. Currently, in the country palace complex Sitorai-Mohi-Khosa you can meet the following exhibits:
“The interior of the summer palace” (Main Building)
There is the palace furniture of XIX-XX centuries; Chinese and Japanese porcelain of XIV-XX centuries, the palace of Russian art objects, jewellery of famous Bukhara masters; gold panels and blankets. At the centre of the garden, there is an octagonal pavilion, designed in the past for the guests of the palace.
The exhibition “Clothing of Bukhara citizen in XIX- end of the XX centuries” is located in the hall. There is a collection of palatial gold-clothes, belts, scarves, shoes.
In the southern part of the garden there is the third building of the palace, which is a two-storey brick mansion with glazed conservatory, gazebo and pond. There is an exposition “Embroidery in Bukhara region and household utensils of late XIX – early XX centuries” in the hall. Bukhara school of decorative embroidery is unique and the brightest phenomenon of embroidery art of Uzbekistan. The exhibition demonstrates: samples of decorative embroideries “Susana”, prayer rugs “joynamoz”, headgear, decorations for women’s dresses, handbags, purses, and bags for mirrors, men’s waist scarves and other items used in everyday life in XIX- early XX centuries.
Museum’s location: Bukhara, village Mohi-Hossa
Tel: (365) 228-50-47